Bulgaria will be presented with a cultural stand and performance of the Bulgarian Folk Dance Groups “Kitka” and “Sofia” at the Eastern European Cultural Appreciation Event, organized by the International Relations Student Association at UBC.
The event will be held this Saturday, March 16, 2019 from 6:00-8:00pm at the Liu Institute for Global Issues UBC, located at 6476 NW Marine Dr., Vancouver, BC, in the Multipurpose Room, across from the Museum of Anthropology.
The event will be part of the 30 Years of Transition: The Current State of Eastern European Countries Conference which will be held from 9:00am- 5:15pm on that day.
Those wishing to participate in the conference, can RSVP through the following link:
Below is the agenda of the conference:
– 10:30 am – 11:30 am Post-Communist Legacies: populism, human rights violations, and corruption.
– 11:45 am -12:45 pm: Culture(s) and national identit(y)ies of the ‘East’: heterogeneity in a presumed homogeneity.
– 1:40 pm – 2:40 pm: Gender equality and Eastern Europe: stereotypes, consequences, and the emergence of a strong feminist movement.
– 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Where has everyone gone? Migration, diaspora, and disillusionment.
– 4:15 pm – 5:15 pm: European Integration: Eastern Europeans want EU funds, not EU democracy.